Sunday 8 February 2009

Bye Bye Tony Adams!


Okay, so Tony Adams is going to be sacked in the morning from his post as manager of Portsmouth FC. He does know this by the way; I wasn't leaked the news early. I'm not THAT important. At least, I think he knows...

Is it just me or have Portsmouth handed Tony a massive death sentence in sacking him, because he really does look on the edge and has done for a very very long time. As a really successful player, this doesn't seem to have transcended into his managerial capabilities as he has helped Portsmouth suck an inordinate amount since Harry Redknapp left a few months ago. Moving swiftly on...

Every game there seems to be less hair on Tone's head, and the bags under his eyes are getting darker and darker. I do feel bad for the guy, has the alcoholism come back? The man who was once quote as saying:

"I don’t actually like people. I’m a loner and if I had my way I’d just walk my dogs every day, never talk to anyone and then die." - Bearing in mind the dude has a wife, he clearly is losing his grip on reality, surely? Okay mate. That's not nice on the missus or infact the kids.

Should Pompey have given Tony more of a chance? How about they shouldn't have hired him in the first place! The guy sucked hard at High Wycombe, a not very good club. Why did the Portsmouth board even think hiring him was a good idea? Maybe they're effing mad too! We'll never know. As I sit behind my tiny computer screen I wonder what the delights of English football will have in store for Adams? You can come work as Assistant Manager at Colchester United if you want mate!

I wonder what Paul Merson thinks?

Here's a few Tony quotes to make you smile:

"Left alone with our own heads on, we can be pretty mental"

"
I've been preparing the boys - I told the centre-halves to get ready with their tin helmets"

Barmy.

No comments:

Post a Comment